This is a collection of stories and photographs to chronical the Fowler family's adventures as we grow.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Fort Fun!

Well this past Sunday was a much needed "lazy day" for the Fowlers. Other than trying out another church (which usually just reminds us how much we miss our old one!) we didn't do a whole lot, and I have to say it was nice. Its funny, life here at times seems so empty and alone. I often say it feels like you are on a deserted island that is set in the middle of a city with 3 million people. We so desperately miss all of the fullness that our life in Asheville had. There was no part of our lives that was lacking, it was rich and complete. What comes with that fullness though is busyness, and hectic schedules/commitments. Although, I would never trade any of that, we are feeling an immense amount of peace, simpleness and quietness. Our lives are not filled with so much (not yet) but the gift of that is a different pace of life. We are trying to enjoy that about this time. With me staying home and not working part(full) time, I have the time to take care of all of the things around the house, so when Drake comes home all we have to do is enjoy each other and Olivia. Who knows how long we can afford to do that but for now it is lovely. And since we aren't living in our house, we don't have the run of home improvement projects. We can't remember a time when life was so simple and quiet. I have learned to be thankful each day for each moment for what it is. I don't know that I fully appreciated all we had in Asheville. I never want to make that mistake again. Each day is a gift and each moment in our lives has blessings and things we aren't so happy about. But I don't want to ever not fully appreciate what each moment has to bring....

WELL, that was heavy, considering I was just planning a little post about the fort we made with Olivia on our lazy Sunday day. We used our dining chairs and our comforter and Olivia had a blast. She eventually dragged her stuffed animals up into it and loved playing "peek a boo" with us. Hayla even joined in the fun. Although I think we may have started something because today she wanted to pull the chairs out again- I may have a permanent fort in my living room for a while!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about you guys, so I thought I'd see what you're up to. Olivia is such a lucky (and adorable!) duck to have you guys to herself while you establish yourselves there. The fort looks like loads of fun. Just don't ever use your couch for a fort; we did that all the time when I was a kid. My parents probably regretted the day they introduced that activity. We all miss you here in Asheville!!