This is a collection of stories and photographs to chronical the Fowler family's adventures as we grow.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Just catching up with Life

Well life certainly seems to ebb and flow. Itseems it was only a few weeks ago that I wrote about how slow and quiet life is.... then it got very crazy for a little while (hence-no blogging). First we had my Dad visit us at the end of March which was so awesome. It let me get a few things done, Drake and I get out alone and most of all brought some much needed company for me.It really boosted my mood to have you here Dad. Unfortunately I don't have very many pics of Olivia and my Dad together. WE had so much fun, I often just didn't think to pull out the camera. These are a few shots that I got though, as this was how Dad spent most of his time here: reading to Olivia!





While my Dad was here I interviewed for a job with Namaste Hospice here in Denver. It was for a night time on call Social work position. Perfect for me to continue to stay at home with Liv but also to make some much needed income (its a tough economy right now-covering some of the mortgage in Asheville and paying high rent in Denver). Anyway- I GOT THE JOB!!! So exciting. Only it meant that I had to attend 2 weeks of orientation and training during the day. I got a taste of working full time and being a Mom in the last few weeks and it was HECTIC! I like working outside the home a little bit but with botyh of us working full time it lef just flew past us. I am so grateful we make the necessary sacrifices so one of us can always stay home most of the time with Olivia. We were fortunate to find some awesome ladies who do nannying to come to the house to watch Olivia in the mornings and Drake came home in the afternoons to watch Liv. We did have a big snow storm last week and Liv and I went out in the winter weather. She was not too sure of being outside with the snow falling so hard.







To top off the crazy time Olivia got pretty sick over Easter weekend and we ended up in the urgent care on easter sunday finding out she had pneumonia-poor little sweetie. Needless to say Easter was not so great. We did have an easter basket for her with some bath toys, a bubble maker and Grandma and Grandpa Hayes got her some easter gifts too. She also had an easter egg hunt in the house- each egg had a raisinette or an M&M in it. She had fun collecting the eggs in her basket and eating the candy. Most of the day was pretty crummy though. It ended with Drake and I trying to eat our roast dinner with some quiet- so we did what any bad parent would do- we put her in front of the TV with a few pieces of the chocolate bunny Grandma and Grandpa Hayes got her for easter. For 10 minutes we all enjoyed our easter...


Not feeling so good on easter morning


2 comments:

Ry said...

Time definitely flies. Hope things are settling down for y'all. I can't believe how big Olivia is getting. Congrats on clenching the job! Miss you guys - Asheville's not the same without Fowlers around. God bless.

Remodelaholic said...

Wow! A ton of changes... Are you done with the crazy schedule then and are just ready for the on-call stuff now? I hope! And I hope you are enjoying the job!

How fun to have family come and visit, such a treat!

You know, I think holiday weekends are just a code for our bodies self concious to just get sick! We always seem to get sick over holiday weekends, hope she is all better!

Talk soon!