This is a collection of stories and photographs to chronical the Fowler family's adventures as we grow.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Olivia!

Well, I know I have been delinquent in posts...lots of big changes around here! I went back to work 6 weeks ago! An amazing job opportunity came my way at the hospice I was doing on call work for and it all worked out. I am the volunteer coordinator. I love what I do and its great to be working in an area I am so passionate about but not on the front lines like I have been in the past. I work 32 hours a week so I pick up Olivia around 3 every day. We found an amazing school called Martin School for Early Education. A husband and wife who are both teachers started a school in a Victorian house (they don't live there) it is just for the school. They are so amazing with he kids and have a wonderful structure of learning and play time. before I committed to work we had to see if there was a place we trusted to care for Olivia. Olivia loves going there! She is excited to go every morning and has improved her language and behavior so much there. They have about 15 kids, 3 teachers at all times and they take ages 2-5 and they are all together in class so the younger ones learn from the older ones and the older kids nurture and lead the younger. It is a really special place that I feel so good about. We feel it is best for Olivia to have this in her life at this time. She needs a lot of challenge, independence and socialization. SO that means life has been busy for us. Its all good changes though. I love going to work each day, it really has helped me find a little more contentment in Denver. I am sure in another 6-12 months more things will change, we are finding that it never seems to stay the same for long...

This past weekend we celebrated Olivia's 2nd birthday. We spent Friday evening with her opening the presents from us and her grandparents (and boy were there a lot!) We took her to McDonalds for dinner because a Mcnugget Happy Meal is one of her favorite things to eat. On Sunday we had a party at the park with the friends we have made in Denver so far. Its a really nice group of people and we all have little girls which is fun. Olivia also made today even more memorable, not only because of her party but she used the potty for the first time today!!!

We love you so much Olivia Jewel. You are our light, love, laughter and joy. You are so full of life and you are so adventurous. You also have a fierce independence but not so much so that you don't want us around. We are amazed at how strong minded you are, yet obedient. This will be one of your greatest strengths in life. You will always be able to think for yourself and be a leader, not a follower. You love animals, baby dolls and play-doh!I love that you call me Mama and that every night you say nigh-nigh Dah-ee and nigh-nigh Mama. They are my favorite words. You still like to sleep in, much of the time and you always wake up so happy. You can be dramatic but only at times. You are lovable and funny and I love that you still like to cuddle. We love you more than we could ever possibly describe and we would do anything for you. There is nothing you could EVER do that would change our love for you. Happy 2nd birthday our sweet angel...
Love, Mom and Dad



















2 comments:

Kim and Steve said...

What a cutie pie! I can't believe she's TWO! My, how time flies. I hope she and I get along better when we come visit. The only time I ever held her she sharted all over me! Fun memories!

I know what you mean about things changing every 6-12 months. Things never seem to stay the same here for us, either.

I still don't know when Steve thinks the audit will be...4th quarter is a real bear for him! Can't wait to see you soon!

Remodelaholic said...

Yeah for a new post! I am so happy to hear you are doing well! Sounds like you are pretty busy!

Olivia is getting so grown up! I can't believe it! Keep up the post so we can watch her grow!

Miss you guys!